1981
RE-HANGING OF AN EIGHT-BELL CHANGE-RINGING PEAL, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

The bells are from Warner, London, 1865. The tenor bell has note F with mouth diameter 1118 mm and mass 692 kg. Shown (left) the treble bell, (right) one of the auxiliary chiming hammers operated from a chiming drum.

All project detail and management by Hervey Bagot. All constructions performed in Adelaide.

New Work 2003


Earthquake bracing of the tower (by others)

Upper Right: Steel framings
cleaned and re-painted.
(At rear left, newconduit
for improved sound reception
in the ringing room.)
Lower Right: Adjustable slide
in new sound conduit.


Left: The old wrought-iron
clappers (from 1865) refitted
-- also re-toned through heat
treatment to restore original
softness.