Historic German 3-bell swinging peal restored
A church in western Victoria had received as a gift a 3-bell peal that had been exhibited at the 1880 Melbourne Exhibition. The exhibitor, German bellfounder J. J. Radler of Hannover, had been able to sell the bells locally after the Exhibition. The bells are tuned with the notes F-Aflat-C, a harmonic peal in minor accord.
By 1989 the coastal airs at the bells' destination had caused significant decay to the support parts. Bagot Bell brought the bells to Adelaide for the reconstruction work.
Illustrated: Bell 1 (largest bell -- note F, weight 490 kg, mouth diameter 961 mm) before and after the work. The crown typically features angel heads, the bell body other decorative elements in relief.