1990
Augmentation to old French monastery bell

The Discalced Carmelite Nuns had brought with them from France their old bell (by Bollee, Le Mans, 1882), and had wished later to augment it when moving to a new location near Sydney. The old and a new bell were (re-)fitted at Bagot Bell workshop for manual ringing, and the pair now do service together. They sound a minor-third interval, with musical notes F (the new bell, 125 kg, 571 mm mouth diameter) and A-flat (the old bell, 50 kg, 440 mm mouth diameter).

(Left) The old bell before cleaning.(Centre and Right) The two bells in their new belfry.